Tuesday, December 20, 2011

If I want to download Google Chrome and replace it with my current Int. Explorer, do I need to delete In. Exp?

Ok, for all of you who gave me insight on the questions I had about Windows Vista, and Internet Explorer and all that jazz, I'd like to say THANK YOU for all your insight.





I have decided to replace Internet Explorer with Google Chrome. If that doesn't work, I'll go with Firefox. However, I'd like some more insight.





Please tell me WHAT PROBLEMS you've experienced with Google Chrome and Firefox. (Spyware, etc???) Also, when I download Chrome (or Firefox, either/or) do I need to delete Int. Explorer? Do I need to do ANYTHING with it?





Can you give me some insight on what I need to do when I introduce Chrome to my computer? Thanks again!|||First of all, NEVER DELETE IE! (I don't think you can find an option to do so even in 'modify windows components), because it is not just used in showing web pages, a lot of internal files, such as the Help and Support programme uses Internet exploreer controls.





Shifting to other browsers is a very good choice, I personally thinkIE is very very crappy.


Google chrome is fast and simple. We get a larger view of the pageall the tie, there's nothing thats unnecessary, everything is clear and simple. You can perform all necessary functions (save web page, zoom in or out, use in-built download manager, password manager, auto-fill...) easily. Simplicity I would say is the best feature.


However, sometimes it closes abruptly, restarts itself( and may ask us whether or not to replace tabs...), which I find annoying, Leaving that, I would call Chrome the perfect browser.





Fierfox is fast and stable (start-up time is a little more than chrome), easy to use, with tabbed browsing... The most compelling thing is that it suports 'add-ons'. You can freely download add-ons and enhance your browsing experience to a great extent. It is a great gift if you are a web deevloper. Firefox has acquired tremendous popularity with recent trendof going open source.





I really love using Opera- its fast and easy to use, there are a lot of options. What I like the most is that we can save even Dynamic web pages perfectly (And I MEAN perfectly) in a single file (Web Archive).





Safari is good too, but its almost like Chrome except in looks.





What I've done is download all of the lot, coz I'm a web-developer, need to ensure cross-browser compatibilityof my web pages.





Good luck with your new browser!|||You need IE on your computer , for window updates. Leave it alone, I myself use firefox, cause while not quite as fast as google chrome, it has more safety features, such as wot and site advisor addon's.. Plus adblock plus with rick's easy list. So, i do not see a bunch of ad's and i know which sites are safe .|||The only real problem with Google Chrome is that it is a very simple interface when compared to IE or FF. It takes some getting used to. Also, you'll find that some websites that aren't coded for compatibility might appear strange.





When you do the Chrome installation, it will prompt you if you would like it to be your default browser. Select yes. It won't interfere with IE at all, so no need to uninstall.





If you ever uninstall Chrome, you will need to manually set IE back as your default browser, otherwise hyperlinks in documents and emails will get you nowhere.





Oh, and Chrome is FAST!|||No need to delete anything. In fact in my 3 year old laptop with Vista I have IE, Firefox and Chrome. I prefer to use Firefox because is faster, and stable.


Chrome is nice, but I quit using it because I was not able to open pdf files with it

No comments:

Post a Comment